We are eager to welcome new families to Spokane Public Schools!
Where can I register my child for school?
During the school year, you can register at your neighborhood school. During the summer, you can register at the SPS administration building, downtown at 200 N. Bernard.
Not sure which school your child will attend? Check our school locator, or the School Boundary Map link to the left.
For more information, please call your school office or the Administration Building at 354-5900. 
What do I need to register?
A birth certificate or other official verification of age (such as a passport or visa) is required for students who have not previously enrolled in school. Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before Aug. 31; first graders must be 6.
A Washington State Certificate of Immunization also must be completed with the month, day and year of inoculation on the day of registration. Vaccines are required for school in grades K-12. Visit Spokane Regional Health District (SRHD) for more information about immunizations. Information about a medical, religious, philosophical or personal exemption from immunizations is available from the district’s Health Services department at 354-7298.
Find out more about the new chickenpox vaccination requirements for 7th-12th graders here.

When does school start?
The 2015-16 school year begins Monday, Aug. 31, for grades 1-12. Kindergarteners start Thursday, Sept. 3, to allow teachers time for Family Connections conferences.

Does Spokane Public Schools offer full-day kindergarten?
Yes! SPS offers full-day kindergarten at all its elementary schools. 

Does Spokane Public Schools offer child care?
Spokane Public Schools offers before- and after-school childcare through our Express program

What if my child has a life-threatening allergy?

Watch this video to learn what you need to do when registering your child, what a 504 review is and how to get one, what happens in an emergency, allergies in the lunchroom, allergies in the classroom, and more. You can also visit this page for more information.
What will happen if my student does not speak English?
Students registering with Spokane Public Schools who indicate that their first learned language is not English are given a placement exam to determine eligibility for the English Language Development (ELD) program. This placement test must be given within 10 days of the student's entry into the school district.
happy kids
Questions about kindergarten registration? Give us a call at 354-5900.