Student Technology Access
Laptop Checkout Program
The annual Student Laptop Take Home Program in Spokane Public Schools provides tools and resources to all learners in our district. Excellence in education requires that technology be seamlessly integrated throughout all content areas as part of the education process. Technology has the potential to empower all students and prepare them for college and the workplace.
All students will be assigned their own laptop to use while at school. Students may take these laptops home if a parent/guardian fills out a Laptop Checkout Form and accepts responsibility for the device when not at school.
You will be contacted with instructions for picking up your laptop(s) as the start of school approaches.
We know accidents happen, so make sure you are covered with our optional insurance! Click the form for more information.
District laptops use your home Wi-Fi. If you do not have home internet, the following internet and wireless providers are offering free wi-fi and/or unlimited smartphone data for existing customers.
All Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots are now open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” WiFi network. Find public hotspots in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas.
Non-Xfinity subscribers: Accept Terms and Conditions to access the network. Repeat when requested to continue receiving free unlimited access. Find access instructions here.
Parking Lot Internet
Wireless internet access is now available for students and staff in the parking lots of the following schools:
- Arlington Elementary, 6363 N. Smith St.
- Bemiss Elementary, 2323 E. Bridgeport Ave.
- Franklin Elementary - NE Parking Lot, 2627 E. 17th Ave.
- Holmes Elementary, 2600 W. Sharp Ave.
- NEWTech Skill Center (SW parking lot), 4141 N. Regal St.
- North Central High School, 1600 N. Howard
- Rogers High School, 1622 E. Wellesley Ave.
- Shadle Park High School, 4327 N. Ash St.
- Sheridan Elementary, 3737 E. 5th Ave.
Students can connect to the SPSGuest network. After connecting, wait briefly and you will be prompted for your district username and password:
- Username is Last name + last four digits of district ID# @sps81.org
- Password: 8-digit birthdate MMDDYYYY
For staff using district computers, your device will connect to the district wireless automatically when the device detects our wireless network.
- Maintain social distancing when accessing the wireless at school site parking lots
- Please make sure students are practicing good digital citizenship and online safety
- For your safety, school parking lots have surveillance cameras and lighting
A great resource for online safety
Common Sense Media is a website dedicated to empowering kids to thrive in a world of media and technology. Families can rely on Common Sense Media for unbiased information and trusted advice to help them learn how to harness the positive power of media and technology for all kids.