Summer School Scholarship - SPS Students only
Spokane Virtual Learning offers limited need-based scholarships for summer school on a first come first served basis. All students who are awarded the need-based scholarships will only pay $20 to take the requested high school graduation-required course. The requirements to apply for the scholarship are below:
- The student must be currently registered with Spokane Public Schools
- Scholarship only applies to one high school graduation-required course taken in the summer session.
- The student must print and submit the following to the SVL office by mail or drop off M-F 3-4 PM (at 2900 E 1st Ave Spokane, WA 99201) no later than April 30th:
- A signed SVL Scholarship Application
- A signed SVL Scholarship Summer School Registration Form
- Acceptable proof of need (one of the following):
- Photocopy of Free and/or Reduced Lunch Welcome Letter from Nutrition Services (a replacement of the letter may be obtained from Nutrition Services by calling 509-354-7270 or online at Nutrition Services' Website)
- Court Document verifying State Dependency
- Heart Program participation verification
- $20 Payment for the class
Scholarship packets must be complete to be accepted or considered. Decisions will be made on a first come first serve basis per school.
On May 1, any unclaimed scholarships for your school will be opened to those waitlisted.
Registration for Students Outside of Spokane Public Schools
Students Outside of Spokane Public Schools
Thank you for your interest in taking an online course with Spokane Virtual Learning (SVL). Since your student is not enrolled with Spokane Public Schools, we want to ensure that you and your district are aware of and agree to information regarding credit(s) earned by taking a privately enrolled, parent-paid course with Spokane Virtual Learning.
Please download, review, and sign the Out of District Credit Transfer Agreement which will need to accompany your registration. To register please contact the District Support Specialist at 509-354-7546 or SandraP@spokaneschools.org