Financial Aid & Scholarships

  • Ten Things You Must Do To Qualify For Most Federal and State Student Aid:

    1. Submit the FAFSA  (or WASFA - see below) in October of your senior year!

      1. Application opens October 1st. You apply for most financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The simplest way is online at or use FAFSA on the phone by calling 1-800-433-3243.

FAFSA Requirements

Information you will need include:

  • Your Social Security number.
  • Your FSA ID, and one of your parent’s FSA IDs, if you’re a dependent student. (
  • Financial records (e.g. W-2 forms, federal tax return, current bank statement, business & investment records).
  • An e-mail address.
  • Driver’s license number (if you have one).
  • Alien Registration number, if you’re not a U.S. citizen.
    1. Submit any other applications or information your college or state may require.

    2. Demonstrate financial need (except for Federal PLUS Loans and unsubsidized federal Stafford loans).

    3. Have a high school diploma or the equivalent (GED), complete a high school education in a state-approved home school setting.

    4. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.  (ineligible non-citizen see WASFA below)

    5. Be a resident of the state (for most state aid).

    6. Enroll in an eligible degree or certificate program.

    7. Maintain satisfactory academic progress as determined by your college.

    8. Have a Social Security number (this includes students from Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau).

    9. Register with the U.S. Selective Service (males age 18 and over).

    Submit the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) in January of your senior year!

    Non-citizens can apply for state financial aid starting October 1st.
    You apply for state financial aid by completing the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).  The simplest way is online at

College Bound Scholarship

  • As part of the College Bound sign-up process, students pledge to:

    • Graduate from a Washington State high school with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
    • Have no felony convictions.
    • Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid).

    In order to receive the scholarship, students must fulfill the pledge and:

    • Be income eligible, as determined by their college with the information from their FAFSA or WASFA.
    • Be accepted to an eligible college and begin attending within one year of high school graduation.
    • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, or have DACA status.

    Resources are available to support students in fulfilling the pledge

    • Join the College Bound listserv. College Bound manages a listserv for high school students and their families. The messages are short and informative, and reading these emails is the best way to stay on-track to receive the scholarship.

calculator and pen on desk