Register: 2022-23 School Year

  • Registration is step two. Have you made an account for your new student in the Enrollment Portal?

    Start the registration process online here.
    ⇒ Download the registration packet here.

    If you are in a temporary, transitional, or homeless living situation and need assistance obtaining documents to complete the registration process, or are in need of assistance to complete medical processes (immunizations, health care plans), please contact the HEART Program. Your enrollment will not be delayed, and the HEART Program will assist you. You might also be eligible for services and supports through the McKinney-Vento Act.

    ⇒ During the summer (June 21-Aug. 16), new student registration for elementary and middle schoolers who want to attend their neighborhood school continues at the SPS Administration Building, 200 N. Bernard, weekdays from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. High school registrations are accepted at neighborhood schools throughout the summer. Please call high schools for summer hours. 

    The online registration process is not completed until all documents have been submitted to the school. This includes immunizations.
    Students must be in compliance before the first day of school


    After you register online, you will be contacted about visiting the school to bring:

    1. Documentation of student age (e.g., a birth certificate, foreign birth certificate, passport, adoption record, previously verified school records, or any other documents permitted by law) is required for students who have not previously enrolled in school. Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before Aug. 31, first graders must be 6.
    2. Medically verified immunization records for new students.
    3. Part B Health Record filled out for new students.
    4. Proof of residency. This can be a current utility bill.

    Important immunization requirements for 2022-23:
    Students must be in compliance before the first day of school

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need to provide this information?

The registration form provides important information that allows SPS to:

  • Distribute important information to you, including your student's academic progress (report cards) and attendance records.
  • Respond appropriately in the event of an emergency.
  • Provide and evaluate student supports such as language services.
  • Honor the racial/ethnic and/or cultural identity of students.
  • Pursue and distribute resources to strengthen instruction for all students.
  • Ensure compliance with civil rights laws.

Does SPS offer full-day kindergarten?

Yes! SPS offers full-day kindergarten at all its elementary schools. Find out more about SPS kindergarten here.

How do I register medications or care plans?

If your student needs medication or a treatment administered at school, a new medication or treatment request form, is required every school year. Medication, supplies, LHP orders and a nursing care plan must be in place before a student can attend school.

Does SPS offer child care?

Yes! SPS offers before- and after-school childcare through our Express program.

What if my child has a life-threatening allergy?

Watch the video below to learn what you need to do when registering your child, what a 504 review is and how to get one, what happens in an emergency, allergies in the lunchroom, allergies in the classroom, and more.

What will happen if my student does not speak English?

Students registering with SPS who indicate that their first learned language is not English are given a placement exam to determine eligibility for the English Language Development (ELD) program. This placement test must be given within 10 days of the student's entry into the school district.

Questions? Contact your school office or the Administration Building at 354.5900.