Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)


    What is CEP?

    CEP is the Community Eligibility Provision. It is the program Spokane Public Schools runs to offer free meals to all students at school for the 2023-2024 school year. SPS is able to participate in this program thanks to the passage of a bill in the Washington Legislature in 2022.

    Although meals are free to all students this school year, filling out the Family Income Survey helps ensure school funding is maintained for essential programs. Students who qualify can get added benefits like waived sports & testing fees, community discounts, and many others. 

    After you apply:

    Photocopied or incomplete forms cannot be accepted. Completed surveys are processed within 10 days of receipt in the Nutrition Services office. You will be notified via mail of your benefits.

    All information on your application is confidential and will only be used for the meal program, unless you request to release the information. We respect your privacy.


    New Students/New Applicants

    • All meals are free for all students during the 2023-24 school year. 
    • Filling out the family income survey helps ensure school funding is maintained for essential programs.
    • While we have 10 working days to process a meal application, our goal is to process your application as soon as possible.
    • Surveys for the current school year are collected through the year. For students pre-registering or enrolling early, please plan to fill out the survey when the appropriate version is released for the 2023-24 school year in late August.

    Helpful Hints

    Make sure your application can be processed quickly:

    • One form per household.
    • Providing food stamp or TANF numbers simplifies the process.
    • The form must be signed by the parent/guardian before processing is complete.
    • Please make sure to see the Application Instructions and the Frequently Asked Questions before you fill out your application.

    If you have questions that are not answered on the Frequently Asked Questions page, please contact

    USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

  • Contact

    Nutrition Services