The goal of this course is for students to learn about and explore the guitar instrument at an introductory level. In class, students will learn new skills as a group, have individual practice time, and play together as an ensemble. Much of class time will be self-directed. Students should expect to be working on their own, quietly, for most of the class. Once students complete the class work and ‘pass out’ of the day’s lesson with Ms. Camm, students will use the remaining time for their free playing song. This is not a class to help you learn to become a rockstar. This class is designed to help you learn a new instrument which is really hard work!
You don't need to have a guitar to participate in this class! Guitars are available for rent for only $20! This package comes with an acoustic guitar, hard case, and green capo. Any loss or damages that occur during the year will be charged to the student's account. Students are also able to bring thier guitars from home, if they have one.
Throughout the year, students will:
- Learn about chords, chord progressions, and folk songs
- Learn how to read the treble clef staff and standard music notation
- Learn how to read TAB and write and compose their own music using rhythmic tablature
- Learn ensemble songs to play together, as a class, at two performances throughout the year
- Have time in class to work on their own songs or projects- they will play them for everyone at informal recitals throughout the semester!
Listening Friday Songs
You can find the listening Friday form in Ms. Camm's room- or you can write your name, the date of the Friday you missed, and your observations on a piece of paper
Worlds Best Guitar Player Unbelieveable (its a random youtube video)
Learn to Fly by the Foo Fighters
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica acoustic cover
Hurt by Johnny Cash
Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix
Drunk on Halloween by The Wallows
Acoustic guitar cover of Hotel California Solo
Dear Prudence by The Beatles
Fade to Black by Metallica
Loose Change by Royal Blood
Five Bells by Coco and the Butterfields
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica
Final Masquerade by Linkin Park
The House that Built Me Miranda Lambert