Distinguished Classified Employees
The annual Distinguished Classified Employee of the Year award recognizes the outstanding achievements of Spokane Public Schools’ classified employees -- those whose job does not require a certificate or license.
The award is open to any permanent classified employees who have served at least three years with SPS. Supervisors, employees, employee organizations, volunteers, parents, students, or members of the community may nominate an individual for the award. Nomination forms must be accompanied by two to three letters of recommendation: one from the nominee’s supervisor/principal, unless he/she is the nominator; one from a peer or co-worker; and if applicable, one from a parent or member of the community.
Criteria for nominations include, but are not limited to:
- high job performance in the position held
- personal impact within the immediate job surroundings
- personal impact on SPS
- positive professional relationship with other staff members, students, parents or the public
- involvement with community activities promoting cultural, economic or social qualities of life
- activities and accomplishments that have brought distinction to the employee and to SPS.
Nominations are reviewed by the superintendent’s staff who may select up to four classified employees each year.