Advanced Placement (AP) Program
Advanced Placement (AP) is a nationally recognized program which provides students (9th-12th grade) the opportunity to take college level courses at their high school, and earn college credit, based on their AP Exam score.
Shadle Park AP and Honors Courses
- AP English Language and Composition (11th English) Summer Assignment
- AP English Literature and Composition (12th English) Summer Assignment
- Honors English (9th English) Summer Assignment 1--- Summer Assignment 2
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Statistics
- AP Environmental Science (11th and 12th Lab Science)
- AP Biology (10th-12th Lab Science)
- AP Chemistry (10th-12th Lab Science)
- AP Physics (10th-12th Lab Science)
- AP Human Geography (9th Elective)
- AP World History (10th History)
- AP US History (11th History)
- AP US Government and Politics (12th CWA/Civics)
- AP Comparative Government and Politics (12th CWA/Civics)
- AP Capstone Seminar (Taken 11th Grade, fulfills 12th CWA/Civics)
- AP Capstone Research (12th Grade Elective)
- AP Psychology
- AP Studio Art
- AP Spanish Summer Assignment
Exam Registration Overview
The registration window for ordering your AP Exam(s) begins Wednesday October 5, 2020 and runs through Friday October 30th, 2020. After Friday October 30th, students registering for an exam will incur an additional $40.00 late fee (mandatory from College Board) on top of the $95.00 registration fee. To begin the registration process, please complete the Shadle Park High School AP Test Registration Form, then following the steps on the “thank you” message at the end of the form. AP Exams are currently planned to take place in the Spring in a traditional manner, but that may be re-evaluated depending on the circumstances as we move closer to the Spring.
If you have questions about the AP Program or the AP Exam Registration Process, please email your AP teacher or Andre Wicks (Assistant Principal) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about payment options for AP Exams, please call or visit the Shadle Park High School Business Office at 509-354-6720. The SPHS Business Office is open Monday - Friday from 7:30am - 3:00pm.
Payment options for AP Exams
Each AP Exam costs $95.00.
· If your student can pay full price for his/her exam(s), please complete the Shadle Park High School AP Test Registration Form and select OPTION #1 when asked about payment. You may then complete payment either online at https://wa-spokane.intouchreceipting.com/ using the login information as described below, by contacting the SPHS Business Office at 509-354-6720, or by visiting the SPHS Business Office (open Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:00pm).
o In-Touch Receipting Username: Student ID #
o In-Touch Receipting Password: Student Last Name (ex. Smith or SMITH)
· If your student qualifies for Free/Reduced lunch or meets the income verification guidelines (found on form), the State of Washington will pay 100% of testing fees. To receive this fee waiver, please select OPTION #2 when completing the Shadle Park AP Test Registration Form. In order to complete the fee waiver process and earn eligibility SPHS must collect the OSPI Income Verification Form and keep it on file as documentation. Please download the form from this website (see right hand column), complete the form, and then submit the form in one of the following ways:
o Mail the completed form to 4327 N. Ash St. Spokane, WA 99205 o Email the completed form to Andre Wicks (email@example.com)
o Bring the completed form to the Business Office at Shadle Park High School
· We have a small budget set aside to help offset costs for families that do not qualify for Free/Reduced lunch but may still need a little help. If you do not qualify for a fee waiver, but would like to request assistance in paying for your exam(s), please select OPTION #3 when completing the Shadle Park AP Test Registration Form. If you select this option, you will be contacted at the phone number given for a phone/virtual meeting with Andre Wicks (Asstistant Principal) to discuss grant availability and payment options.
· The school must submit our AP order by early November, so payments will need to be made prior to the order. If your family has extenuating circumstances preventing you from paying by the deadline, we will work together to find a solution that ensures your child can take the exams.
· Please note that for the '20-'21 school year there are no fees for unused or cancelled exams.
College Board AP Student Account/AP Course Join Codes
All AP students have a College Board account that gives them access to new free online resources from the College Board that their teachers will be using throughout the year. This account also gives students access to their previous PSAT, SAT, and AP test scores. Students are asked to register for their current AP Classes using the join code provided to them by their teacher. If students have questions about their join code, they can email their AP course teacher or Andre Wicks (firstname.lastname@example.org). Students can access their MyAP Account by visiting https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/. If students have trouble accessing their MyAP account, it is recommended that they contact their AP Teacher or Andre Wicks.
Additional information from College Board can be found by visiting https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/ap-2020-2021.
Additional resources for students and parents can be found at the following sites:
- A video explaining the changes
- Student information on Collegeboard Website
- Parent information on Collegeboard Website