Online Meal Payments & Prices
You can deposit money for ala carte items into your student’s meal account quickly and easily at myschoolbucks.com. You can also view your child’s meal account information and get low balance reminders even if you do not make a deposit online.
A La Carte Prices
- Meals may be paid in advance by placing money in your child's meal account. Set up an online account that will provide low-balance notices and allow you to view your child’s account history.
- Purchase at any time from your school's office, preferably before school in the morning.
- All schools use computers to track meal accounts.
- Parents may choose to place restrictions on how their child's meal account is spent: contact your school.
- Checks - Please make them out to your child's school, with the child's full name on the memo line. If checks are returned twice due to insufficient funds, further meals will be on a cash basis.
- Ala Carte - Entrees and many other items can be purchased individually.
- Adult Prices - Adults pay more for their meals because the district does not receive any federal reimbursement or commodity support for the meals they purchase. Adults may not use student meal accounts to pay for their own adult or student's siblings meal as prices are set to enrolled student pricing.
- Still hungry? All students may purchase a second meal by paying the full meal price.
- Apply for the Free & Reduced-Price Meal Program any time during the school year if you need meal support/other benefits.
A La Carte/Negative Balances
The goals of Spokane Public Schools’ Breakfast and Lunch Program are to provide healthy meals to children during the school day and ensure students receive the meal of their choice. Parents play a key role in this effort, and are responsible for providing a meal for their child at school.
The USDA has provided funding for enrolled students to receive one free breakfast and lunch each school day. Students may have the option to purchase some ala carte items like milk, a second entrée, or second meal, however there are no charges allowed for ala carte items. Parents are responsible for providing funds for students if they wish to make ala carte purchases, and if there are existing negative account balances parents are responsible for pay off school meal account balances.