8th Grade Transition to High School
9th Grade Course Offerings
9th Grade Course Planning Form
Four-Year Academic Planning
Elective Information Videos
Special Transfer (School Choice Process)
New Student Registration (Out of District)
If you live outside the Ferris attendance area, first apply for a Choice Transfer. Once approved you will need to complete the registration information referenced below.
If you live in the Ferris attendance area:
- Current 8th Graders in SPS:Students who attend Spokane Schools in 8th grade who live in the Ferris attendance area boundaries will automatically be rolled into Ferris for the next school year. We will visit your middle school to help you with the course registration process and we will hold a parent night to answer any questions about the process. There is NO need to complete the district registration materials.
- All Other Students: If you live in the Ferris attendance area but are not currently enrolled in Spokane schools, print ALL of the documents included in the links below OR come in and pick up a registration packet. An appointment will be made to enroll your student once we receive the COMPLETED packet at the school.
- Proof of age: A birth certificate or other official verification of age (such as a passport or visa) is required for students who have not previously enrolled in school.
- Proof of residency: This can be a current driver's license or a current utility bill with your home address.
- Registration forms: These are available at Ferris or you can download the entire registration packet here.
- Vaccines are required for school in grades K-12. Visit Spokane Regional Health District (SRHD) for more information about immunizations. Information about a medical, religious, philosophical or personal exemption from immunizations is available from the district’s Health Services department at 354-7298. Find out more about the new chickenpox vaccination requirements for 7th-12th graders.
- District Bus Registration Form (required to ride the school bus)
- We will also need the following items if they apply:
- Parenting plan (parental guardianship or custodial designation)
- Withdrawal grades (if enrolling after school year has begun)
- SBAC/EOC scores, out of state test scores, or a Washington Learning Plan
- IEP or 504 Plan
- Guidance Center hours are 7:30am-3:00pm. If you have questions, please call the Guidance Counseling Secretary at 509.354-6049.
- You will then begin the process of selecting classes.