Express Program Information
Express provides quality, convenient childcare for Spokane Public Schools students who are registered in school, in a safe, nurturing and enriching environment. Activities are planned to foster growth and development of the whole child.
- Due to the high volume of registrations, a completed registration may not guarantee entry. If, after registration is received, the billing staff notices that your requested site and program are already full or not offered, we will notify you as soon as we are aware.
- We must have your complete registration -- this includes COVID Consent, Online Signature and DSHS authorization, if applicable -- a minimum of two full business days before your first day of child care to ensure proper student safety, staffing ratios and licensing requirements.
Program Hours & Locations
The Express program will follow the SPS 2020-21 school year schedule for days school is closed. Program hours will be 6:30-8:30 a.m. and 2:25-6:00 p.m. Please note: Breakfast will be served in the classroom at 8:30 a.m.
- Lincoln Heights
- Moran Prairie
- Mullan Road
The USDA extended the Summer Food Service Program through the 2020-21 school year, for ALL children 18 and under. As such, breakfast and lunch will be provided during this time for our program.
The Express Child Care program will provide an afternoon snack for Express children.
COVID Program Adaptions
- All locations will be subject to change due to COVID-19 protocols, current enrollment, and lowered capacities. In the event of a COVID exposure, the site may be closed for a two-week period.
- Children must be potty-trained, able to maintain social distancing in a group setting, be able to follow the directions independently and adhere to program rules, and expectations to participate in the Express Program.
- A statewide order requires individuals to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces (reusable cloth is recommended). Face coverings are required at all times to participate in the Express Program.