Express Program Information
DATE CHANGE: The Express Program is scheduled to begin September 8, at Finch and Lincoln Heights.
Express provides quality, convenient childcare for Spokane Public Schools students, grades K-6 who are registered in school, in a safe, nurturing and enriching environment. Activities are planned to foster growth and development of the whole child. Express children will be participating in real-time distance learning from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
A full-day schedule will be offered at two locations, and additional locations if needed.
- Due to the high volume of registrations, a completed registration may not guarantee entry. If, after registration is received, the billing staff notices that your requested site and program are already full or not offered, we will notify you as soon as we are aware.
- We must have your complete registration -- including DSHS authorization, if applicable -- a minimum of two full business days before your first day of child care to ensure proper student safety, staffing ratios and licensing requirements.
Program Hours & Locations
Express will be open Thursday, September 8, 2020, until school returns to in-person learning. The Express program will follow the SPS 2020-21 school year schedule for days school is closed.
- Lincoln Heights (South)
- Finch (North)
6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Registration fee: $55 per child
- Tuition: $49 per day, per child, with a required minimum three-week enrollment and and a minimum schedule of three days per week. Full-day rates apply with no hourly rate.
The USDA extended the Summer Food Service Program until December 31, for ALL children 18 and under. As such, breakfast and lunch will be provided during this time for our program. You will not need to schedule a pick up for a 5-day meal kit for students that are being served at school.
The Express Child Care program will provide an afternoon snack for Express children.
COVID Program Adaptions
- All locations will be subject to change due to COVID-19 protocols, current enrollment, and lowered capacities. In the event of a COVID exposure, the site may be closed for a two-week period.
- Children must be potty-trained, able to maintain social distancing in a group setting, be able to follow the directions independently and adhere to program rules, and expectations to participate in the Express Program.
- A statewide order requires individuals to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces (reusable cloth is recommended). Face coverings are required to participate in the Express Program.