Express Program Information
Express School Age Childcare programs provide quality, convenient childcare to all elementary students ages 5 to 12 years enrolled in Spokane Public Schools. Express is not available for grade 6 students attending middle school for the 2022-23 school year. Activities are planned to foster the growth and development of the whole child.
- Due to the high volume of registrations, a completed registration may not guarantee entry. If, after registration is received, the billing staff notices that your requested site and program are already full or not offered, we will notify you as soon as we are aware.
- Children must be potty-trained, able to maintain social distancing in a group setting, be able to follow directions independently and adhere to program rules and expectations to participate in the Express Program.
- We must have your complete registration -- this includes COVID Disclosure, Online Signature, Certificate of Immunization and DSHS authorization, if applicable -- a minimum of two full business days before your first day of childcare to ensure proper student safety, staffing ratios and licensing requirements.
Program Hours & Locations
The Express program will follow the SPS 2022-23 school year schedule for days school is closed. Program hours will be 6:30am-8:30am and 3:00pm-6:00pm. During conference week and early release days, the program will begin after school is released.
Transportation options shown below are subject to change based on restrictions in place and demand.
Please be advised that the transportation options listed below are based on our current understanding of transportation capacity and COVID-19 restrictions for the 2022-23 school year. Final notification of site availability and transportation options will be determined two weeks prior to the start of school, and families will be notified of those options. If it is determined that we are unable to serve an Express location due to low enrollment or lack of transportation, a refund will be issued for the registration deposit at impacted locations.
- Adams at Hamblen
- Arlington at Whitman
- Balboa at Westview
- Franklin at Lincoln Heights
- Indian Trail at Westview
- Libby at Longfellow
- Lidgerwood at Whitman
- Lincoln Heights
- Linwood at Ridgeview
- Logan at Longfellow
- Madison at Ridgeview
- Montessori at Finch or Jefferson
- Moran Prairie
- Mullan Road
- Scott at Lincoln Heights
- Willard at Garfield
- Wilson at Roosevelt
The Express Childcare program will provide an afternoon snack for Express children.
Health and Safety Protocols
In accordance with Spokane Public Schools COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, masks are now optional and social distancing is recommended when possible.
If the student experiences any of the following COVID symptoms at school, they will be sent home and isolated five days unless cleared by a negative test or a doctor’s note with an alternative diagnosis. (Subject to school nurse assessment.)
- Cough (not related to a chronic health condition)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever of 100.4°F or higher, or a sense of having a fever
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Congestion/runny nose – not related to seasonal allergies
- Unusual fatigue