Non-School Day Options
Emergency School Closures
Express is closed when school is closed for an emergency (weather, etc.). Express will be offered when/if emergency school closure days are made up later in the school year. School closures are broadcast on local TV, radio stations and on the SPS homepage.
During conference weeks, elementary school dismisses at 1 p.m. Afternoon Express hours shift to cover childcare from 1-6 p.m. for your currently contracted days at no additional charge.
These sessions will only be offered to current Express children during conference week who are enrolled in at least three days.
- Parents/Guardians will be charged an additional fee for sessions used outside of their current billing contract.
- Extra usage will be determined based on space availability (contact Billing Office) and requires prior approval from the site director.
- Fees will be charged on a per session basis.
- There is no sibling discount for extra usage charges. Switching days or programs will be charged as extra usage.
Winter/Spring Break Options
- Spring Break: All-day childcare is offered at one northside site and one southside site. Look for the Spring Break enrollment form in January or call 509.354.7312 for more information. Hours are from 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Registration is limited to children already enrolled in an Express program.
- Winter Break: Express is not being offered during the 2019-20 school year.