Title I, Part A
Title I, Part A is the largest kindergarten to grade 12 federal program designed “to provide all children significant opportunity to receive a fair, equitable, and high-quality education, and to close educational achievement gaps.” Our Schoolwide Programs focus on addressing the needs of students impacted by poverty and those at risk of not meeting state academic achievement standards. Title I funding is used for supplemental activities and instruction for all students providing them access to an enriched curriculum and educational experience.
Every school that accepts Title I funds must have a School Improvement Plan in place:
SPS Title I Schools
- Elementary: Adams, Arlington, Audubon, Bemiss, Cooper, Browne, Finch, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Holmes, Lidgerwood, Lincoln Heights, Linwood, Logan, Longfellow, Madison, Regal, Ridgeview, Roosevelt, Scott, Stevens, Westview, Whitman, Willard.
- Middle: Chase, Flett, Garry, Glover, Salk, Shaw, Yasuhara
- High: Rogers
- Special Sites: Pratt Academy, On Track Academy
Parent and Family Engagement
Parents can do a great deal to ensure their children are meeting higher academic standards at school. Children spend far more time at home than they do in school. The ways parents connect home life with education at school lets children know learning is important. Parents can become involved in several ways:
- Support your child's learning at home.
- Serve as a classroom volunteer.
- Visit the Title I staff and your child's classroom.
- Attend special parent involvement activities and workshops.
- Share ideas for program improvement and ask questions about the instructional program and student progress.
- Attend school open house meetings to talk with Title I staff and classroom teachers.
SPS is committed to family engagement, which means including families in the planning, development and participation of activities and programs that promote children’s development, learning and wellness.
- School Board Policy 4130 - Title I Parent and Family Engagement
- School Board Procedure 4130 - Title I Parent and Family Engagement
- Feedback Form
- Complaint Procedure for Title I
- OSPI Parent and Family Engagement Information and Resources
Special Programs Dept.