Title I is the largest federal education program providing support to our nation's schools. Its purpose is to provide opportunities and services in schools where students may be impacted by poverty and who are at risk of meeting the state's challenging performance standards.
Title I funding in schools provides supplemental support in reading, writing and/or mathematics to identified students. Counseling and parent liaison support may also be offered at specific sites.
Every school that accepts Title I funds must have a School Improvement Plan in place:
SPS Title I Schools
- Elementary: Adams, Arlington, Audubon, Bemiss, Cooper, Browne, Finch, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Holmes, Lidgerwood, Lincoln Heights, Linwood, Logan, Longfellow, Madison, Regal, Ridgeview, Roosevelt, Sheridan, Stevens, Westview, Whitman, Willard.
- Middle: Chase, Garry, Glover, Salk, Shaw
- High: Rogers
- Special Sites: Pratt Academy, On Track Academy
Parent and Family Engagement
Parents can do a great deal to ensure their children are meeting higher academic standards at school. Children spend far more time at home than they do in school. The ways parents connect home life with education at school lets children know learning is important. Parents can become involved in several ways:
- Support your child's learning at home.
- Serve as a classroom volunteer.
- Visit the Title 1 staff and your child's classroom.
- Attend special parent involvement activities and workshops.
- Share ideas for program improvement and ask questions about the instructional program and student progress.
- Attend school open house meetings to talk with Title 1 staff and classroom teachers.
SPS is committed to family engagement, which means including families in the planning, development and participation of activities and programs that promote children’s development, learning and wellness.
- School Board Policy 4130 - Title I Parent and Family Engagement
- School Board Procedure 4130 - Title I Parent and Family Engagement
- Feedback Form
- Complaint Procedure for Title I
- OSPI Parent and Family Engagement Information and Resources
Special Programs Dept.