Welcome to Spokane Virtual Academy!
SV Academy for grades K-8
Self-paced and paced opportunities, with curriculum that includes online and off-line materials, plus project learning activities. Orientations for parents and students will be scheduled multiple times during the start of the school year and second semester, to include an overview of student expectations and technical training for use of the assigned programs. Checkout of laptops, workbooks, and textbooks will be done by the student’s home school. Spokane Virtual Academy will provide:
- Regularly scheduled interaction with teachers and other students to build a learning community
- Self-paced learning with a teacher check-in schedule that works best for the family
- Specific times for classroom, specialist, and support sessions based on student needs and family preference
- A blend of live instruction, group work, and independent activities
- Elementary specialist & middle school elective experiences
- Intervention support and teacher office hours
- Use of Microsoft Teams as the district-wide digital platform and Blackboard
- SV Academy Courses:
- Elementary courses will be the same as regular classroom and specialist courses
- See middle school offerings in the course catalog
Monthly technical support sessions will be available for parents who would like a deeper dive into online programs and reporting. Monthly intervention sessions will be required for students who are falling behind to reboot learning, refresh expectations, and answer questions.
SV Academy for grades 9-12
Students sign up for Spokane Virtual Learning courses for self-paced, instructor-led learning in full distance learning format. Students who are full-time SVL will be scheduled in daily Spokane Virtual Academy support sessions. Monthly intervention sessions will be required for students who are falling behind to reboot learning, refresh expectations, and answer questions. Laptops will be checked out for all students.
SV Academy Student Expectations
It is important that SV Academy students stay current in their courses.
- SV Academy students who fall behind their weekly pacing schedule in their courses will need to attend additional student support virtual sessions until they are caught up.
- Students who do not meet weekly contact and progress requirements or maintain pace with their online courses will be referred to additional support sessions. Evaluation of progress will be made during the first two weeks and monthly