Welcome to Spokane Virtual Academy!
SV Academy for grades K-8
Self-paced and paced opportunities, with curriculum that includes online and off-line materials, plus project learning activities. Orientations for parents and students will be scheduled multiple times during the start of the school year and second semester, to include an overview of student expectations and technical training for use of the assigned programs. Checkout of laptops, workbooks, and textbooks will be done by the student’s home school. Spokane Virtual Academy will provide:
- Regularly scheduled interaction with teachers and other students to build a learning community
- Self-paced learning with a teacher check-in schedule that works best for the family
- Specific times for classroom, specialist, and support sessions based on student needs and family preference
- A blend of live instruction, group work, and independent activities
- Elementary specialist & middle school elective experiences
- Intervention support and teacher office hours
- Use of Microsoft Teams as the district-wide digital platform and Blackboard
- SV Academy Courses:
- Elementary courses will be the same as regular classroom and specialist courses
- See middle school offerings in the course catalog
Monthly technical support sessions will be available for parents who would like a deeper dive into online programs and reporting. Monthly intervention sessions will be required for students who are falling behind to reboot learning, refresh expectations, and answer questions.
SV Academy for grades 9-12
Students sign up for Spokane Virtual Learning courses for self-paced, instructor-led learning in full distance learning format. Students who are full-time SVL will be scheduled in daily Spokane Virtual Academy support sessions. Monthly intervention sessions will be required for students who are falling behind to reboot learning, refresh expectations, and answer questions. Laptops will be checked out for all students.
SV Academy Elementary and Middle School students will be scheduled into a weekly schedule with teachers and be able to work self-paced, on your own timetable, if they are able to stay current with the course. Assignments following the scope and sequence of each course will be provided weekly. When you complete the work throughout the week is up to you.
Teachers are available for check-ins, lessons, and guidance during your scheduled times and will also have office hours scheduled for questions and support. Students will also have access to student support and intervention sessions as needed. As you work, you can ask questions through email or Teams.
We recommend that you set a schedule for your coursework and stick to it week-to-week and day-to-day. Students who fall behind in their SV Academy courses will be required to attend a meeting to address catching up and staying on pace with their coursework.
All academic and coursework related questions should be directed to your child's teacher. Teachers are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm. In addition, you will have your child's teachers' email addresses and contact info for instant messaging on Blackboard and Microsoft Teams.
Technical questions for accessing Teams, Blackboard, or your other online curriculum programs can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to copy your teacher.
If you're struggling with teacher communication or having a hard time navigating SV Academy once you're logged in and working, you can reach out to the Student Support Specialists to get help relaying a message to your child's teacher or counselor. Student Support Specialists can also help facilitate schedule changes by working with your child's school counselor.
We look forward to working with you this school year. If you have specific questions, please email the SV Academy Student Support Specialist or your high school's SVL Student Support Specialist.
- Elementary SV Academy Student Support: Ashley Brownell, email@example.com
- Middle School SV Academy Student Support: Marion Conley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School SV Academy Student Support: Molly Lesley, email@example.com