Spokane Virtual Academy (SVA)
What is Spokane Virtual Academy?
Spokane Virtual Academy is now a Spokane Public Schools option school that provides students in kindergarten through eighth grade with a personalized, online educational experience through a blended learning (synchronous) experience (students are online with their teacher and classmates). This model will follow the Washington State Alternative Learning Experience requirements. These requirements include:
- All students having a Written Student Learning Plan (WSLP)
- Weekly contact between the student and teacher (with SVA’s synchronous experience, students will have daily contact with their teacher)
- Monthly progress reviews to determine if your student is making satisfactory progress
Spokane Virtual Academy offers multiple learning pathways, including live and independent learning options, built to support a variety of student and family needs.
- K-8 Spokane Virtual Academy will offer synchronous instructional blocks from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., with a lunch break from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Please see additional information below about SVA K-8.
⇒ What does synchronous mean? Students will be logged in with their SVA teacher and classmates during the instructional blocks.
Blended Learning (Synchronous)
Students will engage in grade level content and learning standards through a combination of live, virtual classroom time with their teachers and independent work time using online learning platforms (Dreambox, Lexia) and traditional materials (Bridges, Journeys). Learning will focus on core content delivered in live, instructional learning blocks using Microsoft Teams. Students enrolled in the blended learning model will need to be available to participate in a traditional school day (8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.) in an online environment.
Student Daily Activities:
- Whole group morning meeting/social emotional lessons
- Core academic block (ELA, Math, Social Studies, Science)
- Fitness and Health
- Independent/small group work
- Electives (7th and 8th graders)
News & Updates:
KEEPING YOUR COMPUTER HEALTHY
Is your computer not performing as expected? It's important to keep them updated.
Please contact our office to schedule a time to exchange your device.
- Bring laptops to one of the following district sites every other month to connect with an SPS network and update for up to 30 minutes.
- Arlington Elementary, 6363 N. Smith St.
- Bemiss Elementary, 2323 E. Bridgeport Ave.
- Franklin Elementary - NE Parking Lot, 2627 E. 17th Ave.
- Holmes Elementary, 2600 W. Sharp Ave.
- NEWTech Skill Center (SW parking lot), 4141 N. Regal St.
- North Central High School, 1600 N. Howard
- Rogers High School, 1622 E. Wellesley Ave.
- Scott Elementary, 3737 E. 5th Ave.
- Shadle Park High School, 4327 N. Ash St.
- SVA Office, 2808 E Rich Ave, Portable 105
- Any that cannot update will need to be replaced.
You can find Spokane Virtual Academy Facebook page HERE.
2802 E Rich Avenue, Portable 105
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Our main office is closed:
11:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Until we have an opportunity to serve you, we hope that you have a wonderful day!
- SVA Grades K-8: 509.354.4760
- SVA Attendance Line: 509.354.4770
- SVL All Grades: 509.354.7545
- SVL Attendance Line: 509.354.7571