If a student exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 while at school
- The school contacts the parent/guardian
- The student is isolated, PPE are used, and areas of possible exposure are disinfected.
- Parents are advised to get their student tested.
- If students are not tested, they should stay home from school until
- 24 hours have passed with no fever AND
- 10 days have passed from symptom onset AND
- the student’s symptoms have improved.
*Any tested student, staff or visitor should isolate while awaiting test results
If a student, employee, or visitor tests positive for COVID-19
- The contact tracing team conducts a case investigation and requires student/employee with confirmed positive COVID-19 to isolate for 10 days during infectious period according to the Spokane Regional Health District (SRHD) guidelines.
- The contact tracing team compiles a list of close contacts within the district and follows protocols set by the SRHD. Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet of another person for more than 15 minutes
- The contact tracing team notifies close contacts of potential COVID-19 exposure. Those confirmed as having had close contact are informed of the 14-day quarantine requirement and are encouraged to get tested for COVID-19. A negative test result within the 14-day quarantine does not shorten the length of quarantine.
If a student, employee, or visitor tests negative for COVID-19
- School District notifies SRHD that a student or employee is being tested for COVID-19. The individual isolates while awaiting results.
If an individual
- Has no symptoms but had close contact with a confirmed case
- Quarantine for 14 days from date of last exposure
- In households with one or more positive COVID-19 cases, the quarantine period lasts for 24 days from most recent positive test or symptom onset of any person in the home.
- Has no current symptoms and no close contact
- May return to school if 24 hours have elapsed with no fever
- Is symptomatic but has no close contact
- Must stay in isolation until 24 hours have elapsed with no fever and symptom improvement.
- Is symptomatic and has close contact with confirmed case
- Quarantine for 14 days from date of last exposure. May return to school if fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication AND has symptom improvement.