Student Advisory Council on Climate Change
The Student Advisory Council on Climate Change (SAC3) is an advisory committee to the School Board, providing student perspectives on climate education, and working alongside the School Board and District Administrators to incorporate adequate and updated climate curriculum in all grade levels.
⇒ Find the Council's bylaws here.
Climate change is an issue that will directly affect students. This council was formed by students, is led by students, and is working to improve the education students receive.
- Five of the 11 SAC3 members are up for re-election every year.
- The application, released district-wide via a Microsoft form, opens in May and closes in June.
- Any upcoming 5th-12th grader may apply.
The SAC3 is composed of 11 Spokane Public Schools students who are in grades 5-12, including the President and Vice President.
SAC3 Members for the 2020-21 school year:
- Rosie Zhou - Ferris High School (Grade 12), President
- Nora Henning - North Central High School (Grade 10), Vice President
- Ali Groza - Lewis and Clark High School (Grade 11)
- Will Merritt - Lewis and Clark High School (Grade 11)
- Rose Word - Lewis and Clark High School (Grade 11)
- Bridget Burns - Lewis and Clark High School (Grade 10)
- Padmaja Senthil Kumar- Lewis and Clark High School (Grade 9)
- Eliza Dawley - Lewis and Clark High School (Grade 9)
- Jordyn Allen - North Central IST Program (Grade 8)
- Laura Sheikh - Libby Center (Grade 7)
- Angus Schaub - North Central IST Program (Grade 7)
All meetings will be from 3-5 p.m. over Microsoft Teams until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.