Hybrid Learning Plan: Middle & High Schools
We're excited to see you at school! Please visit your school's website for more detailed information.
- Middle school starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 2:55 p.m.
- High school starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 1:55 p.m.
⇒ Be sure to do the health check! Here's how to get the green check to enter school.
- Students will attend on an alternating schedule (Group A / Group B). Students were placed in A & B groups based on their home address number: students with even numbered homes are in Group A, students with odd numbered homes are in Group B. Check with your school to verify your group.
⇒ Download your in-school days to your calendar: Group A • Group B
Why hybrid learning?
A blend of both in-person and remote learning, a hybrid model is being used to reduce student populations in schools to meet health & safety requirements. Learn more:
- Health Check: At least 30 minutes before the start of school each day, please complete the student health check. Learn more in this video, or read these instructions.
- Face Coverings: Students and staff will wear face coverings all day. Disposable masks will be provided to those who don't have one when they arrive. Watch the video.
- Hand Washing: Students and staff will be encouraged to wash hands frequently. Watch the video.
- Physical Distancing: Classrooms will be set up to support social distancing. Watch the video.
- Cleaning: Classrooms and high touch areas will be cleaned frequently. Watch the video.
- Feeling sick? Stay home! Students showing any symptoms will be sent home. Learn more about how we're responding to COVID cases here.
- Safe and nutritious meals – both breakfast and lunch -- will be provided for students at no cost each day, or students can bring food from home. Watch this video to learn more.
- Grab & go meals will be provided to students for the days they are in distance learning. The grab & go bags will include breakfast and lunch items to tide them over until their next in-person day, and will be handed out at the end of the day.
- Find daily menus online here. If you have a special dietary need, please be sure you have a health care plan on file.
Students who live more than a mile from school may qualify for transportation services. Register, check routes and verify eligibility here. If you have questions, please call our Transportation department at 354-7388 or 354-7362.
- Be sure immunizations are current (or exemption forms are valid) before the first day of school.
- Turn in care plans and medications before March 1.
- Find forms and other information here.
- Questions? Ask your school nurse!