Low-cost Internet Access
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a federal program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households -- up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households. This program ends when the fund runs out of money or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner. Participating households will need to opt-in to continue receiving broadband services from their provider after the program ends.
- See if your household qualifies
- Learn how to apply
- Find a company that offers Emergency Broadband Benefit discounts
⇒ If you currently receive Lifeline benefits, you automatically qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit, and you can receive both benefits at the same time. Talk to your broadband provider to learn more.
- Answers to frequently asked questions
SPS Parking Lot Internet
Wireless internet access is available for students and staff in the parking lots of the following schools:
- Arlington Elementary, 6363 N. Smith St.
- Bemiss Elementary, 2323 E. Bridgeport Ave.
- Franklin Elementary - NE Parking Lot, 2627 E. 17th Ave.
- Holmes Elementary, 2600 W. Sharp Ave.
- NEWTech Skill Center (SW parking lot), 4141 N. Regal St.
- North Central High School, 1600 N. Howard
- Rogers High School, 1622 E. Wellesley Ave.
- Shadle Park High School, 4327 N. Ash St.
- Sheridan Elementary, 3737 E. 5th Ave.
Students can connect to the SPSGuest network. After connecting, wait briefly and you will be prompted for your district username and password:
- Username is Last name + last four digits of district ID# @sps81.org
- Password: 8-digit birthdate MMDDYYYY
For staff using district computers, your device will connect to the district wireless automatically when the device detects our wireless network.
- Maintain social distancing when accessing the wireless at school site parking lots
- Please make sure students are practicing good digital citizenship and online safety
- For your safety, school parking lots have surveillance cameras and lighting