Low-cost Internet Access
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
The benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
⇒ Learn who is eligible and how to enroll here.
SPS Parking Lot Internet
Wireless internet access is available for students and staff in the parking lots of the following schools:
- Arlington Elementary, 6363 N. Smith St.
- Bemiss Elementary, 2323 E. Bridgeport Ave.
- Franklin Elementary - NE Parking Lot, 2627 E. 17th Ave.
- Holmes Elementary, 2600 W. Sharp Ave.
- NEWTech Skill Center (SW parking lot), 4141 N. Regal St.
- North Central High School, 1600 N. Howard
- Rogers High School, 1622 E. Wellesley Ave.
- Scott Elementary, 3737 E. 5th Ave.
- Shadle Park High School, 4327 N. Ash St.
Students can connect to the SPSGuest network. After connecting, wait briefly and you will be prompted for your district username and password:
- Username is Last name + last four digits of district ID# @sps81.org
- Password: 8-digit birthdate MMDDYYYY
For staff using district computers, your device will connect to the district wireless automatically when the device detects our wireless network.
- Maintain social distancing when accessing the wireless at school parking lots.
- Please make sure students are practicing good digital citizenship and online safety.
- For your safety, school parking lots have surveillance cameras and lighting.