Register for the 2023-24 School Year! Families Have Options:

  • 1. New student
    For families new to Spokane Public Schools and Kindergarten students
    Register Here  Choice Portal

    2. Returning student
    In development: Will be available by end of March

    *Families that do not have Internet access can visit their neighborhood school for assistance to complete the Online Registration Process, or contact SPS through the Let's Talk Portal.

  • Help Video

  • If you are in a temporary, transitional, or homeless living situation and need assistance obtaining documents to complete the registration process, or are in need of assistance to complete medical processes (immunizations, health care plans), please contact the HEART Program. Your enrollment will not be delayed, and the HEART Program will assist you.

    ⇒ During the summer (June 21-Aug. 16), new student registration for elementary and middle schoolers who want to attend their neighborhood school continues at the SPS Administration Building, 200 N. Bernard, weekdays from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. High school registrations are accepted at neighborhood schools throughout the summer. Please call high schools for summer hours. 

    The online registration process is not completed until all documents have been submitted to the school. This includes immunizations. Documents can be uploaded in the Online Registration options above.
    Students must be in compliance before the first day of school




    Important immunization requirements for 2022-23:
    Students must be in compliance before the first day of school

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need to provide this information?

The registration form provides important information that allows SPS to:

  • Distribute important information to you, including your student's academic progress (report cards) and attendance records.
  • Respond appropriately in the event of an emergency.
  • Provide and evaluate student supports such as language services.
  • Honor the racial/ethnic and/or cultural identity of students.
  • Pursue and distribute resources to strengthen instruction for all students.
  • Ensure compliance with civil rights laws.

Does SPS offer full-day kindergarten?

Yes! SPS offers full-day kindergarten at all its elementary schools. Find out more about SPS kindergarten here.

How do I register medications or care plans?

If your student needs medication or a treatment administered at school, a new medication or treatment request form, is required every school year. Medication, supplies, LHP orders and a nursing care plan must be in place before a student can attend school.

Does SPS offer child care?

Yes! SPS offers before- and after-school childcare through our Express program.

What if my child has a life-threatening allergy?

Watch the video below to learn what you need to do when registering your child, what a 504 review is and how to get one, what happens in an emergency, allergies in the lunchroom, allergies in the classroom, and more.

What will happen if my student does not speak English?

Students registering with SPS who indicate that their first learned language is not English are given a placement exam to determine eligibility for the English Language Development (ELD) program. This placement test must be given within 10 days of the student's entry into the school district.

Questions? Contact your school office or the Administration Building at 354.5900.

  • Need Assistance?

    Use our Let's Talk portal for enrollment questions and clarifications.

    You can also call 509-354-7393 with questions.

  • Immunization Notice: 

    The State Board of Health recently changed the school and child care immunization policy to require medically verified immunization records. This requirement pertains to all registrations for the 2020-2021 school year. These rules apply to all public and private schools and licensed child care centers in Washington state. Learn more here.