March 2 Update: Orientation
_____________ has received placement in the following NEWTech program: ______________.
Please note AM = AM Shift 8:10 – 10:40 AM PM = PM Shift 11:25 AM – 1:55 PM
If your plans have changed and you no longer plan on attending NEWTech, please click here to let us know, so we can offer placement to another student.
Orientation Night for 2023-24
- There will be two orientation sessions each night: 5:30 - 6:30 PM and 6:30 - 7:30 PM.
- Choose the session that best fits your schedule - no need to sign up.
- Please park in our south parking lot, adjacent to the reader board.
- Doors will open at 5:15 PM.
- Current students who are returning to their same program in 2023-24 are not required to attend orientation.
- Ideally, students and at least one guardian should attend orientation.
Orientation for new 2023-24 students will be held at NEWTech Prep on:
(These are the only Orientation Nights for 2023-24)
- April 25 Professional Services Programs
Animation and Special Effects
Graphic Design and Digital Media
April 26 Health Sciences Programs
Surgical Processing Technician
April 27 Skilled Trades
Automotive Collision Repair
Automotive Service Management
Questions about placement or 2023-24? Please email Patrick Lenihan at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=NEWTech 2023-24
March 27 Update: Email Your Instructor
Guardians, please share this information with your student.
2023-24 NEWTech Placement Summary
Student: «Students_Legal_First_Name» «Students_Legal_Last_Name»
2023-24 NEWTech Program Placement: «Current_Status»
Please note: AM = AM shift (8:10 – 10:40 AM) and PM = PM shift (11:25 AM – 1:55 PM)
If your plans have changed and you no longer plan on attending NEWTech in 2023-24, please use this link to let us know so we can offer placement to another student.
Email your 2023-24 NEWTech Instructor
Use the Staff Directory link below to find the email address of 2023-24 NEWTech instructor.
Please send your NEWTech instructor an introductory email – include the following information:
- Your name and the name of the school you attend.
- Why you enrolled in this class?
- What you hope to learn in this class?
- How you best learn new things?
- What is the hardest thing about school for you?
- What are your hobbies, if you have a job – what do you do?
Culinary Arts students – you will be sending your email to two instructors.
If your program placement (at the top of this email) is Auto Tech (H) your instructor is Mr. Horton.
If your program placement (at the top of this email) is Auto Tech (B) your instructor is Mr. Botnon.
2023-24 NEWTech Program Uniform ordering information will be sent out in April – after Spring Break.
Click here to view the information that was shared in the last 2023-24 update that was sent out.
April 26 Update: Summer Academy 2023
June 22 – July 14
(No School July 3 -4)
- Students placed in a NEWTech program for 2023-24 receive
priority placement in Summer Academy 2023
- Summer Academy 2023 is completely free
- Students earn a .5 high school elective credit
- Classes meet at NEWTech from 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Breakfast and lunch are provided at no cost
- Program uniforms are not required during summer
- School bus transportation isn’t provided during summer
- Students who have completed grades 8-11 this year are eligible to
participate in Summer Academy 2023
Summer Academy provides students, placed in a NEWTech program for 2023-24 ,
an opportunity to get a jump-start on developing their technical and employability skills, get
familiar with NEWTech and their instructor’s teaching style. By participating in Summer Academy,
students will better prepared for success in their NEWTech program in 2023-24.
SUMMER ACADEMY 2023 APPLICATION LINK
Be sure to answer the following question with ‘Yes’ on your Summer Academy application:
11. Have you been placed in a year-long NEWTech program for 2023-24?