When will I be notified my student has been accepted?
Families can expect to receive placement invitations or waitlist notifications in the second half of February. Applications received after Feb. 15 will be added to the school waitlist in the order they are received and according to priority order designated in School Board Policy 3131.
What if I am having trouble with the enrollment system?
If you have any questions about registration, please submit them through our Let’s Talk portal. Or you can give us a call at (509) 354-6409 and we will do our best to help you through the process.
Note: Schools will not be able to answer questions about Option or Choice acceptances until after the priority window closes and the lottery results are determined in the second half of February.
Who does not need to enroll using this system?
- Currently enrolled K-7th grade students. You are automatically enrolled for next year. If you are choosing another option for next year, you will need to contact the school, and/or utilize the online enrollment system. Please notify us in writing if you do not plan to return next year. This will release your space to students on the waitlist.
- Our system will roll your student up to the next grade level at SPM automatically every June.
Who needs to use the online enrollment system?
- Anyone new to our school who would like to enroll, including all siblings of current students in any grade. Although siblings of currently enrolled students have preference, they need to enter the lottery so they can be enrolled as space becomes available in each grade level.
- Anyone who wants to choose one of the option schools, or a non-neighborhood school, as their choice for enrollment next year, and is not already enrolled there.
- Anyone who remains on our waitlist for the 2020-21 school year. Our waitlist does not roll over from year to year, so you will need to reapply if you would like to attend next year.
- There is no paper enrollment process. All new students and siblings of current students need to use the online system.