- Families must complete the SPS Student Health Check for each of their student(s) at least 30 minutes before their student(s) arrive at school. Find the Student Health check here.
- Students must wear an approved mask at all times throughout the day. Masks must be worn properly covering the nose and mouth.
- Students must maintain proper social distancing throughout the day by remaining 6 feet apart from other students in class, in the halls, and throughout the building.
- Knowing the school issued laptops will be utilized in class on in-person learning days, students are asked to charge their laptop the night before their designated in-person school days to ensure they have a full charge as they begin their day. Limited charging will be available throughout the day in each classroom.
- Students will not being using lockers. Students should bring the following with them each day to school; extra mask, water bottle (drinking directly from the fountain is discouraged), hand sanitizer, school supplies, their school-issued laptop computer and laptop charger.
Counseling Office/Career Center:
Starting March 1, 2021, SPHS will be following a hybrid/ in-person model. Students are asked to schedule VIRTUAL appointments with their counselor, career specialist or mental health therapist on their "at-home learning day" ONLY. Please contact your counselor or Amanda Denny, Counseling Secretary at 354-6870/ AmandaDe@spokaneschools.org to schedule a VIRTUAL appointment. In person and unannounced appointments will be reserved for emergencies ONLY.
Hallway and Restroom Protocol
- In the hallways, students will follow directional arrows on the floor which are designed to keep students and staff safe and spaced out as they travel through the building.
- Some staircases will be two directions, with all students traveling forward on the right-hand side of the hallway like a two-way street.
- Hallways will be one directional like one-way streets.
- For student and staff safety, students will be expected to move from one class to the next in a socially distanced fashion, without gathering and talking to friends.
- Restrooms throughout the school will be open for student use, but will have capacity limits.
- Lunch is available FREE to ALL students.
- When students are scheduled to go to lunch (see schedule below), they will walk to the cafeteria and get in one of 2 lines set up to distribute food.
- Each of the 2 lunch lines will include all 3 meal options for students to select from.
- Once students receive their meal, they will be directed to go to their assigned seat where they can eat your lunch and relax.
- During lunch, students will be expected to remain in their assigned seat except to throw away their food or use the restroom. Students will need to ask to use the restroom to ensure we do not go above the limit of 3 per restroom at a time.
- Students will be directed be assigned a seat for the remainder of the year during their advisory on the first day of in-person learning. Students will be asked to sit in their assigned seat each day for the rest of the year to ensure student safety and allow for appropriate contact tracing if necessary.
Visitors and Guests
The health department and SPS have determined that the number of people in the school building must be limited. Therefore, visitors and other guests will not be allowed in our building. Parents or guardians who need to conduct school business at Shadle will be asked to complete a health check in the Public Office and wear a face mask while in the school building.