FLETT COUNSELORS BELIEVE:
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff and education stakeholders.
- School counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career and social/emotional outcomes.
FLETT SCHOOL COUNSELING MISSION STATEMENT:
The school counseling program at Flett Middle School delivers developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive large-group activities, small group and individual counseling to students to promote self-advocating, caring citizens. We strive to create a safe learning environment for all students, helping them become independent, responsible and successful lifelong learners who are equipped academically and socially/emotionally to have a positive impact on local and global societies. School counselors at Flett Middle School advocate for equity and access to challenging coursework, enrichment opportunities and differentiated instruction as well as fairness, justice and respect for all. By engaging in nurturing school counseling experiences, all students will have a solid foundation toward graduation and postsecondary dreams. The school counseling department partners with other educators and stakeholders to advocate for equity, access and success for students, their families and our school community.