March 2 Update: Orientation
_____________ has received placement in the following NEWTech program: ______________.
Please note AM = AM Shift 8:10 – 10:40 AM PM = PM Shift 11:25 AM – 1:55 PM
Orientation Night for 2023-24
- There will be two orientation sessions each night: 5:30 - 6:30 PM and 6:30 - 7:30 PM.
- Choose the session that best fits your schedule - no need to sign up.
- Please park in our south parking lot, adjacent to the reader board.
- Doors will open at 5:15 PM.
- Current students who are returning to their same program in 2023-24 are not required to attend orientation.
- Ideally, students and at least one guardian should attend orientation.
Orientation for new 2023-24 students will be held at NEWTech Prep on:
(These are the only Orientation Nights for 2023-24)
- April 25 Professional Services Programs
Animation and Special Effects
Graphic Design and Digital Media
April 26 Health Sciences Programs
Surgical Processing Technician
April 27 Skilled Trades
Automotive Collision Repair
Automotive Service Management
Questions about placement or 2023-24? Please email Patrick Lenihan at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=NEWTech 2023-24
March 27 Update: Email Your Instructor
Guardians, please share this information with your student.
2023-24 NEWTech Placement Summary
Student: «Students_Legal_First_Name» «Students_Legal_Last_Name»
2023-24 NEWTech Program Placement: «Current_Status»
Please note: AM = AM shift (8:10 – 10:40 AM) and PM = PM shift (11:25 AM – 1:55 PM)
Email your 2023-24 NEWTech Instructor
Use the Staff Directory link below to find the email address of 2023-24 NEWTech instructor.
Please send your NEWTech instructor an introductory email – include the following information:
- Your name and the name of the school you attend.
- Why you enrolled in this class?
- What you hope to learn in this class?
- How you best learn new things?
- What is the hardest thing about school for you?
- What are your hobbies, if you have a job – what do you do?
Culinary Arts students – you will be sending your email to two instructors.
If your program placement (at the top of this email) is Auto Tech (H) your instructor is Mr. Horton.
If your program placement (at the top of this email) is Auto Tech (B) your instructor is Mr. Botnon.
2023-24 NEWTech Program Uniform ordering information will be sent out in April – after Spring Break.
April 26 Update: Summer Academy 2023
June 22 – July 14
(No School July 3 -4)
- Students placed in a NEWTech program for 2023-24 receive
priority placement in Summer Academy 2023
- Summer Academy 2023 is completely free
- Students earn a .5 high school elective credit
- Classes meet at NEWTech from 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Breakfast and lunch are provided at no cost
- Program uniforms are not required during summer
- School bus transportation isn’t provided during summer
- Students who have completed grades 8-11 this year are eligible to
participate in Summer Academy 2023
Summer Academy provides students, placed in a NEWTech program for 2023-24 ,
an opportunity to get a jump-start on developing their technical and employability skills, get
familiar with NEWTech and their instructor’s teaching style. By participating in Summer Academy,
students will better prepared for success in their NEWTech program in 2023-24.
SUMMER ACADEMY 2023 APPLICATION LINK
Be sure to answer the following question with ‘Yes’ on your Summer Academy application:
11. Have you been placed in a year-long NEWTech program for 2023-24?
June 15th Update
NEWTech Prep follows our host district's (Spokane Public Schools) yearly calendar.
Please click here to view the 2023-24 Spokane Public Schools yearly calendar.
Do you need your program's uniform information? Please click here.
July 19th Student Parking Permits
Student Parking Permits
Students who drive themselves to/from NEWTech must obtain a student parking permit. The student parking permit is free. To obtain a student parking permit, students must complete the following two steps, in order:
- Complete the NEWTech Student Driver Permission Form. This form is completely electronic and can be accessed now by clicking here.
- Beginning on August 14th, students can stop by the NEWTech Prep office to pick up their student parking permit.
- We are located at 4141 North Regal Street in Spokane
- Our office will be open from 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- When they come in to pick up their student parking permit, students must bring in their Driver's License and Proof of Insurance (copies will be made in the office)
- You must complete Step 1 (filling out the Student Driver Permission Form) first before you can come in and pick up your student parking permit.
Aug 14 Update: Back to School 2023
First Day of School
The first day classes are in session at NEWTech Prep will be Sept. 5th.
All students are encouraged to attend their NEWTech Prep class beginning in Sept. 5 – even if your school doesn’t start until after Sept. 5.
2023-24 Bell Schedule:
AM Shift 8:10 – 10:40 AM
PM Shift 11:25 AM – 1:55 PM
Most school districts provide bus transportation to/from NEWTech and each sending high school. For any questions regarding bus transportation, please contact your school district’s transportation department.
If you plan to drive yourself to/from NEWTech, please fill out the following driver permission form and then stop by NEWTech Prep to pick up a free parking permit. Parking permits are available in our Administration office M-F from 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM. When you come in to pick up a parking permit, please bring your driver's license and proof of insurance – we will make copies of these two documents.
Please click here to view your program’s uniform ordering information. If you don’t have your uniform on Sept. 5th, please wear a shirt, with no text/images, that best matches the color of your program uniform. Families on free or reduced lunch may contact our counselor, Tricia Talbott, for uniform assistance information. Patricia Talbott PatriciaT@spokaneschools.org 509-354-7463
2023-24 Yearly Calendar
NEWTech Prep follows our host district’s yearly calendar. Because each district sets/follows its own calendar, there may be instances when we are in session and your sending school is closed. When this occurs, you are expected to attend your NEWTech Prep class. Most districts will not send a school bus on days they are not in session. Students will not be penalized for not attending their NEWTech prep class on days their district doesn’t send a bus.
If you have any questions about the upcoming school year, please contact use at 509-354-7470
Aug. 21 Welcome Day Info
Welcome Day 2023
The first day of school is Tuesday, September 5th
We are kicking off the 2023-24 school year with Welcome Day on Thursday, August 31st. During Welcome Day, parents and students will able to ask questions, visit with their NEWTech instructor, see where their classroom/shop is located, and get information about program and required supplies.
Welcome Day Schedule - Thursday, August 31st.
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM By Appointment Only
- To make an appointment, click here to access our staff directory. Find your NEWTech program in the directory and click on your instructor's email address. Send your instructor an email requesting a time to stop in on Welcome Day.
3:00 PM - 5:30 PM Drop In - no appointment required
- Guardians and students can stop by anytime between 3:00 -5:30 PM
Welcome Day is optional - guardians are not required to attend with their student but are welcome and encouraged to do so.
NEWTech is located at 4141 North Regal Street in Spokane.
Aug. 25th Update Parking and more
NEWTech Prep 2023-24 Update
First Day of School: Sept. 5th
If your district/school starts after Sept. 5th and transportation is not an issue, you should attend your NEWTech class on Sept 5. Otherwise your absence(s) will be excused until your school is in session.
A draft copy of the 2023-24 Bus Schedule is attached.
If you have questions pertaining to your school district's bus schedule, please contact your high school or district transportation department.
A parking lot map is also attached for student drivers. It indicates where students should park based on what program they were placed in. A parking permit is required and can be picked up in our administration office M-F 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM. Students need to bring in their driver's license and proof of insurance, we will make copies. Before you come in to pick up your free parking permit, please fill out the following driver permission form.
The last attachment contains program uniform and required supplies by program. If you will not have your program uniform by the first day of class, please wear a plain t shirt that matches the color of your program uniform and work pants (jeans etc.) sweats and pajama bottoms are not permitted.