We of Salk Middle School, a community of students, parents, educators, business people, and citizens, believe in the dignity and worth of each individual and his/her ability to learn. The mission of Salk Middle School is, therefore, to promote and support an environment that fosters integrity, requires commitment, and nurtures individuals to be socially responsible and academically accountable.
Salk is a Title I School. This is a federal designation that provides our school additional resources to improve student learning. We use our Title I funds to hire additional instructional staff, provide professional development opportunities for staff, purchase additional instructional materials, and engage families in community events. We will be planning family events in the future. Please view our Salk website for more information.
We invite you to partner with us in your student’s education. One way to partner with us is to join the Salk Parent Action Committee. On this committee you will provide feedback on our parent engagement plan, school improvement plan, and our Title 1 compact. Additionally, the Salk PAC plans school events and funds teacher mini grants. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Salk Middle School Goals:
- Work ethically and cooperatively to provide a positive learning environment.
- Promote academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Support and promote open communication and high achievement.
- Inspire an attitude and disposition of respect and integrity for self, for others and for community.
- Foster an attitude of responsibility and an understanding and acceptance of personal choice and consequences.
- Promote a strong work ethic and excellence in creative and academic achievement through both collaborative and self-directed efforts.
- Ensure a safe, supportive learning environment in which Salk Community members demonstrate cooperation, courtesy, and integrity.
- Inspire service and life-long learning.