- Maintain cabinets, doors, windows, walls, flooring, ceilings, furniture, equipment, and exterior building systems.
- Their team includes a glazier, locksmith, floor layer, furniture repair specialist, cabinet maker, and nine Journeyman carpenters.
- Maintain and repair all power distribution, lighting, clock and bell systems, intercoms, scoreboards, fire alarms, security systems, network wiring, and emergency backup systems.
- Are first responders from the Maintenance department during power outages and fire alarms to keep students and staff safe.
Energy Management Systems
- Control all the energy management systems that turn on and off our building heating and cooling systems, along with programming lights for evening events. Their programming of these systems to run only when a building is occupied has saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in energy usage over the past decade.
- Optimize heating and cooling usage depending on weather conditions by fine-tuning all of our systems throughout the year.
- Move and transfer equipment and furniture.
- Their team includes a welder in charge of all steel fabrication; a millwright to maintain kitchen equipment, Career and Technical Education shops, and gymnasium and playground equipment; one mechanic to repair and maintain our vehicle fleet; and one mechanic to maintain our small engine equipment, which includes all the lawn mowing equipment.
- Continually repaint classrooms, hallways, and public spaces, and do touchup painting on all newer schools.
- Refinish gym floors, playground lines, and parking lot painting, and provide all the signage throughout the district.
- Maintain and repair all plumbing fixtures, including kitchen equipment, domestic water supply, irrigation, drainage systems, and sewer systems.
- Ensure our water is safe to drink and our fields are green.
- Maintain and repair a wide array of equipment, ranging in age from the early 1900s through today's high tech and high efficiency systems.
- Maintain and repair all heating and cooling distribution systems throughout the district to provide comfortable teaching and learning spaces for our staff and students.