Check out a laptop!
To support student learning for families without access to computers at home, Spokane Public Schools is checking out laptops to our students based on need and availability. At this time, we can offer one device per student, and up to two per family. If you do not have home internet, there are several free options listed below.
- Request a laptop and/or internet access using this form.
(If you are having trouble completing the form, call 354.7636.)
- After you submit your request, we will contact you to confirm a date, time and place for pickup.
- If you do not hear back within 48 hours, please email email@example.com to let us know.
Device deployments will come in waves, prioritized by those with the greatest need. Thank you for your patience as we try to meet all requests and prepare laptops for delivery.
These laptops use your home Wi-Fi. If you do not have home internet, the following internet and wireless providers are offering free wi-fi and/or unlimited smartphone data for existing customers.
All Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots are now open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” WiFi network. Find public hotspots in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas.
Non-Xfinity subscribers: Accept Terms and Conditions to access the network. Repeat when requested to continue receiving free unlimited access. Find access instructions here.
Parking Lot Internet
By Saturday afternoon (March 20), SPS will be making wireless internet access available for students and staff in the parking lots of the following schools:
- Arlington Elementary, 6363 N. Smith St.
- Bemiss Elementary, 2323 E. Bridgeport Ave.
- Franklin Elementary, 2627 E. 17th Ave.
- Holmes Elementary, 2600 W. Sharp Ave.
- NEWTech Skill Center (SW parking lot), 4141 N. Regal St.
- North Central High School, 1600 N. Howard
- Rogers High School, 1622 E. Wellesley Ave.
- Shadle Park High School, 4327 N. Ash St.
- Sheridan Elementary, 3737 E. 5th Ave.
Students can connect to the SPSGuest network. After connecting, wait briefly and you will be prompted for your district username and password:
- Username is Last name + last four digits of district ID# @sps81.org
- Password: 8-digit birthdate MMDDYYYY
For staff using district computers, your device will connect to the district wireless automatically when the device detects our wireless network.
- Maintain social distancing when accessing the wireless at school site parking lots
- Please make sure students are practicing good digital citizenship and online safety
- For your safety, school parking lots have surveillance cameras and lighting
A great resource
Common Sense Media is a website dedicated to empowering kids to thrive in a world of media and technology. Families can rely on Common Sense Media for unbiased information and trusted advice to help them learn how to harness the positive power of media and technology for all kids.