Summer 2.0 Practices & Camps
Ferris Parent and Students,
Sports camps are coming! We are offering sports/conditioning camps starting Monday, September 28!
Following the guidelines from the Spokane Regional Health District and Spokane Public Schools, we can bring students on campus for modified sports camps. The camps will look different than the usual sports camps.
- Students who register will be placed in pods of 5 athletes.
- They will stay in the same pod for every day of camp.
- Participants will be expected to wear masks as much as possible and maintain social distancing during the camps.
- While we are still in COVID Phase 2 as outlined by the Washington State Department of Health, athletes will not be able to share balls or other sports implements.
- When Spokane County moves into Phase 3, we will be allowed to share balls and begin scrimmages and pods will move to 10 per pod. Because of the 5 person per pod requirement, sign ups will be limited based on space available.
- Student will need to complete a health check prior to each practice. The student health check link can be found here.
These are the sports that will be offered:
(Times/dates for each pods will be communicated by the coaches after sign-ups are completed.)
Sept. 28-Oct. 30: (Summer 2.0 camps will be offered outdoors only until further notice.)
Oct. 5 – Oct. 30:
Volleyball (outdoors to start, will move indoors when allowed by SPS and Spokane Regional Health District)
Nov. 2 – Nov. 30: These camps will be indoors if allowed by Spokane Regional Health District.
Boys and Girls Cross Country:
Boys and girls cross country Summer 2.0 will look a little different than the other camps. If you are interested in Cross Country, sign up under the cross country summer 2.0 tab in Family ID and a coach will contact you with details.
*Boys and Girls Tennis
– Tennis & soccer will only be offered if we move into COVID Phase 3 in Spokane County. Watch for announcements about tennis!
Sign up for Summer 2.0 in Family ID here! Students must have a valid sports physical (completed within the last two years) and completed registration in Family ID prior to participation. PLEASE NOTE: If you have already registered on Family ID for a sport or sports, you will need to click on the Summer 2.0 tab for each Summer 2.0 camp you would like to participate in. Students can only do 1 sport camp each day. Most pods will meet twice a week.
- Boys & Girls Basketball, Gymnastics, Wrestling, Debate, Music & Theatre are OPEN NOW for registration.
- Cross Country, Football, Volleyball, Girls Soccer & Slow Pitch Softball will open in early 2021 for registration.
- Baseball, Fast Pitch Softball, Golf, Boys Soccer, Tennis & Track will open early Spring 2021 for registration.