Help name our new schools!
Thanks to the community’s support of the 2018 bond, Spokane Public Schools is building three new middle schools (located on the northeast, northwest and south sides of SPS), and a new facility for On Track Academy. Now we need your help naming these four new schools.
This is an opportunity to celebrate and inspire our students and have a lasting impact on our community.
The best candidates will be names that represent one or more of the following:
- A logical association with the new school, such as location or function
- A significant individual or event
- A prominent local geographic feature
⇒ Our history book, SPS: The First 100 Years, has information about the names of all SPS schools, current and past.
This is the first time in SPS history that four schools will be named at the same time! Here's how we'll do it:
- Suggestions from the community will be collected through online submissions through Fall 2020.
- A screening committee will review the submissions and choose three names as finalists for each school.
- The School Board will make the final name selections by November 2020.
- Each new school community will be asked to help select their school's mascot during the school year.
How to suggest a name
Whether you have a name idea for a particular school or an idea to be considered for any school, we want to hear from you!