To ensure the safety of your son or daughter that has a life threatening food allergy and to comply with Washington State law (RCW 28A.210, Section 1), medical orders, medication/equipment, and a nursing care plan must be in place prior to attending school. Please review the resources available below. Contact your school office, nursing services or Nutrition Services if you have any questions.
Washington state law (RCW 28A.210 Section 1) requires that all students with life threatening health conditions have the needed medical orders, medication/equipment and a nursing care plan in place before the child may attend school.
This packet includes the following information:
- Letter to Parents/Guardians
- * Emergency Action Plan (completed by licensed health provider and signed by parent)
- Nutrition Services Standard Food Substitutions Form
- * Medication Request Forms (completed by parent and licensed health provider)
- Staff and Parent Guidelines for Student With Life Threatening Allergies
- Handout for Anaphylaxis (Severe Allergy Reaction)
- Handout for Common Triggers for Anaphylaxis
- Handout for School Foodservice and Food Allergies
- Inland Food Allergy Support Team handout
* Must be returned to school and reviewed/approved by the school nurse before a student can attend school. Please include any additional information that you or the licensed health provider would like to share.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the principal or school nurse at the school your child attends.
Additional contact persons available to you:
Health Service Director, Coordinator Health Services (509) 354-7298
Doug Wordell at email@example.com, Director of Nutrition Services (509) 354-7270
Please report immediately any changes needed in emergency contact information, medication, health status, etc. Thank you for your continued assistance in helping us provide a safe school experience for your child.