2018 Bond Program
Voters approved the $495.3 million bond in November 2018, and with $57.9 million in state matching funds, Spokane Public Schools has a total of $553.2 million for the proposed projects.
The $495.3 million SPS bond includes:
- Building three new middle schools, on city-owned property
- Replacing three existing middle schools (Glover, Shaw, Sacajawea)
- Creating additional space for option programs at Libby Center and On Track Academy
- Upgrading safety and technology districtwide
- Adding a commons area at Lewis & Clark High School
- Replacing the aging Joe Albi stadium with a smaller multi-use stadium
The SPS bond directly supports the district’s strategic objectives of providing a safe, productive learning and working environment for students and staff, and improving operational efficiency.