2018 Bond Program
Voters approved the $495.3 million bond in November 2018, and with $57.9 million in state matching funds, Spokane Public Schools has a total of $553.2 million for the proposed projects.
The SPS bond directly supports the district’s strategic objectives of providing a safe, productive learning and working environment for students and staff, and improving operational efficiency.
The $495.3 million SPS bond included:
- Building three new middle schools, on city-owned property
- Replacing three existing middle schools
- Adding a commons area at Lewis & Clark High School: Completed August 2020
- Creating additional space for option programs at On Track Academy: Completed August 2021
- Replacing the aging Joe Albi stadium with a smaller multi-use stadium: Expected to be completed in fall 2023
- Creating additional space for option programs at Libby Center: Completed December 2021
- Upgrading safety and technology districtwide