Shadle Park High School
The modernization of Shadle Park High School was funded through the support of the Spokane community in passing the $165.3 million facility improvement bond in March 2003. The district-wide plan includes replacement of three elementary schools, modernization of three high schools, and updates throughout the district. For information regarding these, or any other construction projects, please contact our Capital Projects office at 509.354.5775.
Location: Shadle Park High School is located at 4327 North Ash Street in the center of northwest Spokane. Originally completed in 1957, the high school sits next to 41 acre Shadle Park donated to the city by Jessie Comstock Shadle, widow of the Eugene Shadle.
The modernization of the facility included creating a public-friendly and efficient layout with many views towards the park to the west. The demolition of the vacant Field Elementary School, on the corner of Wellesley and Ash created additional parking spaces for visitors and staff.During construction, students remained on campus. A multi-phased construction approach was utilized over the 24+ month modernization with extensive use of portable classrooms as well as the old elementary school (Field School) which was located on the north end of the property.Principal: Eric Sylling
Original Facility (Square Feet): 279,000
Modernized Facility (Square Feet): 275,000Scope of Work:
- Renovated and new academic classrooms
- New Commons, Library and public offices
- Renovated auditorium
- Safety and Security system
- New Athletic Field house
- Energy efficient heating/cooling systems
- Updated Practice Gym
- Additional Parking
- Community use spaces
Projected Modernization/New Construction Budget: $70.6 Million
State Match Expected: $30,850,700.00 (included in project budget)
Architectural Firm: NAC|Architecture
General Contractor: Garco Construction of SpokaneConstruction Period: Spring of 2007 to Spring of 2009.