Looking for Learning Materials?
- Check out our in-school curriculum libraries
- Sign up for a free two week trial of Time4Learning online curriculum
- Purchase inexpensive workbooks such as Harcourt Brace, Spectrum, Scholastic, Basic but Not Boring. Barnes & Noble has some in stock or order from another local bookstore. You will probably find them to be useful supplements later as well.
- Use educational websites
TEC has two separate resource libraries for your use:
- The Jump Start Library is full of textbooks and workbooks that you can check out for a two week period in order to discover if they meet your students’ needs. Contact: Leslie Lawson or Johanna Baycroft
- The TEC Family Library, located in Room 108, is made up of non consumable items that families have purchased over the years. This library contains a wider variety of materials hat can be checked out for the entire school year. Contact: Kathryn Dobson.
TEC has purchased membership on several educational sites. See the parent room or office for login information.
- A to Z Reading: An online reading program complete with vocabulary, phonics, poetry and guided reading.
- Enchanted Learning: Activities, worksheets and lesson plans for a wide variety of subjects and grade levels.
- Britannica Online: A full online encyclopedia.
Additional Free Sites
- Kahn Academy - Provides free videos on multiple topics
- Princeton Online - Provides art education.
- Arts Edge - Provides learning in, through and about the arts.
- OWL - Provides an Online Writing Lab.
- Read Write Think - Provides resources in reading and language arts instruction.
- Presidential Challenge - Provides fitness goals and tracking