• Not sure which school your child will attend? Check our school locator.

    If you are in a temporary, transitional, or homeless living situation and need assistance obtaining documents to complete the registration process, please contact the HEART Program. Your enrollment will not be delayed, and the HEART Program will assist you.

    The online registration process is not completed until all documents have been submitted to the school.  This includes all immunizations.

    After you register online, you will be contacted about visiting the school to bring:

    1. A birth certificate or other official verification of age (such as a passport or visa) is required for students who have not previously enrolled in school. Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before Aug. 31; first graders must be 6.
    2. Medically verified immunization records for new students.
    3. Part B Health Record filled out for new students.
    4. Part C McKinney-Vento Questionnaire Form for new students.
    5. Proof of residency. This can be a current utility bill.
    6. Home Language Survey
    7. Registration forms. You shouldn't need these if you go through the online process, but if you want to, download the entire registration packet here.

Why do I need to provide this information?

The registration form provides important information that allows SPS to:

  • Distribute important information to you, including your student's academic progress (report cards) and attendance records.
  • Respond appropriately in the event of an emergency.
  • Provide and evaluate student supports such as language services.
  • Honor the racial/ethnic and/or cultural identity of students.
  • Pursue and distribute resources to strengthen instruction for all students.
  • Ensure compliance with civil rights laws.

Does SPS offer full-day kindergarten?

Yes! SPS offers full-day kindergarten at all its elementary schools. Find out more about SPS kindergarten here.

How do I register medications or care plans?

If your student needs medication or a treatment administered at school, a new medication or treatment request form, is required every school year. Documents are required by August 28, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. Medication, supplies, LHP orders and a nursing care plan must be in place before a student can attend school.

Does SPS offer child care?

What if my child has a life-threatening allergy?

Watch the video below to learn what you need to do when registering your child, what a 504 review is and how to get one, what happens in an emergency, allergies in the lunchroom, allergies in the classroom, and more.

What will happen if my student does not speak English?

Students registering with SPS who indicate that their first learned language is not English are given a placement exam to determine eligibility for the English Language Development (ELD) program. This placement test must be given within 10 days of the student's entry into the school district.

Questions? Contact your school office or the Administration Building at 354.5900.

  • Immunization Notice: 

    The State Board of Health recently changed the school and child care immunization policy to require medically verified immunization records. This requirement pertains to all registrations for the 2020-2021 school year. These rules apply to all public and private schools and licensed child care centers in Washington state. Learn more here.