Strategic Planning 2022-28
The 2022-28 Strategic Plan will include a set of priorities that SPS will focus on for the next six years and support the development of our graduate profile. The strategic planning process will help identify these priorities. Part of the process includes engaging with the community to share information and receive feedback. SPS will complete engagement sessions with families, students, staff, community partners, and central office staff over a 6 month period to ensure the strategic plan is aligned with the needs of our community.
⇒ Questions, comments, or suggestions about the strategic planning process? Email 2028StrategicPlan@spokaneschools.org
Strategic Planning Process
The strategic planning process will
- be grounded in equity by ensuring that all Spokane community members will have the opportunity to engage in the process and provide feedback.
- create a strategic direction for the next six years to align people, systems, and resources for the advancement of students.
- help us identify strengths and opportunities to accelerate the work that is happening in the district.
- Spring 2021: Launch Strategic Planning Process
- Summer/Fall 2021: Stakeholder Engagement. Attend a session and/or share feedback anonymously.
- SPS Staff Town Halls:
- All Building Administrators: Monday, Sept. 27, at 4 p.m.
- High School Staff: Tuesday, Sept. 28, at 3 p.m.
- Middle School Staff: Tuesday, Sept. 28, at 4 p.m.
- Elementary Staff: Wednesday, Sept. 29, at 3:30 p.m.
- Make-up opportunity for all school staff: Thursday, Sept. 30 at 3:30 p.m.
- Community Town Halls:
- North East Region: Monday, Sept. 27, at 6 p.m. Zoom link
- North West Region: Tuesday, Sept. 28, at 6 p.m. Zoom link
- North Central Region: Wednesday, Sept. 29, at 6 p.m. Zoom link
- South West Region: Thursday, Sept. 30, at 6 p.m. Zoom link
- South Region: Monday, Oct. 4, at 6 p.m. Zoom link
- Parent Town Halls:
- Student Town Halls:
- Parent/Community Town Hall: Wednesday, Oct. 27, at 6 p.m. Zoom link
- SPS Staff Town Halls:
- Fall 2021: Hold School Board Retreat on Proposed 2028 Strategic Plan
- Winter 2021: Submit Proposed Strategic Plan to School Board
- Spring 2022: Launch Strategic Plan Implementation Work Group
- Fall 2022: Launch 2028 Strategic Plan
Spokane Public Schools is the second-largest school district in Washington state, serving almost 30,000 students from kindergarten through grade 12. The student population is composed of 57 percent low-income, 26 percent students of color, and 15 percent Special Education students. There are 77 different languages spoken in students’ homes. District facilities include 34 elementary schools, six middle schools, five high schools, six educational alternative learning buildings, and one administrative building.