To get started, please create an account in our online school choice application system. In this system, you will be able to submit applications for each student in your household, monitor the status of those applications, and respond to admission offers.
For the 2019-20 school year:
- You can complete and submit your application online through May 31. Applications will be placed on a waitlist in the order they were submitted.
For the 2020-21 school year:
- The priority enrollment window will be open from Jan. 1- Feb. 15. During this time, you will be able to complete and submit your application to the first-round enrollment lottery. You will be able to make changes anytime through Feb. 15.
- The 2020-21 enrollment window reopens Feb. 19. Applications submitted after this date will be placed on a waitlist in the order they were submitted.
If you are applying to an Option School (Montessori, APPLE, TEC, The Community School, or IST Middle School Program), you will learn whether you will be offered a seat from that school in late February.
If you are applying to a neighborhood school outside your attendance area, you can check your application/waitlist status online anytime. You will learn whether you will be offered a seat by August at the latest, possibly sooner. Neighborhood schools typically have fewer spots available and have to account for new students moving into their attendance area over the summer.
Priority is given in the following order:
- Neighborhood students (including overload students)
- Children of SPS employees (RCW 28A.225.225)
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- In-district students
- Out-of-district students
Beginning March 1. Once you have accepted an enrollment offer, new students will need to complete the SPS student registration form. If you are already enrolled in SPS, your registration information will be transferred to your new school.