COVID Safety Tips
- Students must wear face coverings at all times while on the bus. Students who refuse to wear a mask may not be allowed to ride the bus.
- Drivers must wear face coverings while students are on board. When a bus is out of service and no students are on board, it is acceptable for the driver to remove their mask.
- Drivers have disposable masks for students who may need one (both child and adult sizes).
- On special program buses, the driver and monitor will also wear gloves. The monitor will wear a face covering and face shield.
- Windows will remain open for increased air flow as necessary.
Buses will have assigned seats. Families may sit together.
- Do not sit in seats near the driver to maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
- Kindergarteners will sit near the front of the bus, socially distanced from the driver.
- Drivers will remind students to keep face coverings on and to socially distance while exiting the bus and entering school.
- Buses will be disinfected after the morning and afternoon routes are completed.
Reminder: Please remember to social distance at bus stops and keep face coverings on!
Protocol for Kindergarten Riders
- Kindergarten families will be asked to have a family member OVER THE AGE OF 12 present for the first TEN DAYS of school in order for kindergarteners to be released at bus stop.
- If no family member is present at the bus stop, bus drivers will make a second attempt if time permits.
- After the second attempt, the student will be returned to the school and parents will be notified.
- This safety requirement is in effect for the FIRST TEN DAYS OF SCHOOL (through Sept. 16, 2021)