Student organizations in CTE are structured around four pillars:
By joining, students learn more about careers, post-high school education, and training opportunities. They develop leadership skills that will prepare them for work and can test their skills in local, state and national competitions.
Many of our student leadership opportunities are nationally affiliated organizations such as:
- DECA: marketing, finance, hospitality and management
- FFA: agriculture and leadership
- FCCLA: Family and Consumer Sciences education
- HOSA: health professions
- SkillsUSA: career and technical education
- TSA: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- WCTSMA: sports medicine professions
- CyberPatriot: cybersecurity and other STEM fields (SPS has been recognized as a CyberPatriot Center of Excellence for 10 years.)
- FIRST Robotics: research and robotics programs
- ProStart: culinary techniques and management skills
Additional student organizations focused on technology, biomedicine, and technical arts, have been created at middle and high schools due to interest by groups of CTE students.
Student organizations differ by school. Check with your school to see what leadership groups are offered.