Healthy choices for your family with MyPlate! Eat from all five food groups every day. Think variety!
- Focus on fruits (vitamins C & A, fiber)
- Vary your veggies! (vitamins A & C, potassium, folate, fiber)
- Make half of your grains whole grains! (fiber)
- Choose lean protein (iron)
- Dairy for strong bones and teeth! (calcium, vitamin D)
Students learn about MyPlate in fitness and health, and are offered foods from the five groups at school lunch every day. This helps connect the classroom to the cafeteria to enforce healthy eating habits.
October: Fuel Up To Play 60
Fuel Up to Play 60 (FUTP 60) is a leading national in-school health and wellness program launched by the National Football League and National Dairy Council, which was founded by America's dairy farmers, in collaboration with the United States Department of Agriculture. Fuel Up to Play 60's primary focus is to help schools meet their wellness goals and encourage youth to consume nutrient-rich foods (low-fat and fat-free dairy, fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins) and achieve at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day.