2020 Summer Express
Our Express Summer Program will be much different than the program that you may be accustomed to in the past. The Express Program offers full-day licensed childcare with fun and enriching activities for children ages 5-12 years of age who are entering grades 1 through 7 for the 2020-21 school year. Children must be potty trained and able to maintain social distancing to attend the Express Program. We will be working individually (practicing social distancing) as much as we can on small projects such as beading, Legos, reading, arts and crafts, STEM, virtual academic resources, distant partner games and more!
Please note: A statewide order requires individuals to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces (reusable cloth is recommended). This order goes into effect on Friday, June 26, 2020. This order includes children that are 5 years of age and older. Beginning on Friday, June 26, 2020, children in Express will be required to wear a face covering while in care at one of our locations.
If a program location has an exposure or a positive result of COVID-19 by a student or staff of the building, the program will be closed for a minimum of 14 days and all participants and staff who are exposed will not be allowed to participate in childcare program for a minimum of 14 days.
Each day at Summer Express includes:
- Afternoon Snack (3:30 p.m.)
Program Hours & Locations
Wednesday, June 24, until Friday, Aug. 21, 2020
Express will be closed Friday, July 3
North and South Locations are available
(Available to incoming 1st graders through 7th graders)
6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
A $50 registration fee per child for families not registered during the 2019-20 school year.
Tuition is $45 per day, day per child. A minimum of a three week enrollment (three days per week) is required. Full-day rates apply with no hourly rate.
Summer Express is billed monthly and received only at the downtown district office. Payments will not be taken at summer site locations.
Payment is due by the first of the month and must be received in full by the fifth of that same month. Payments received after the fifth of the month will be charged a 10 percent late payment fee on the unpaid balance up to $50.
Payments can be made through:
- The drop box on the front of the Administration Building
- Mail to Spokane Public Schools Express, 200 N. Bernard, Spokane, WA 99201.
- Online Click-to-Pay link in your e-statement.
- No illness or vacation credit will be given during Summer Express.
- Schedule changes must be received in writing in the Express Billing office by the 23rd of the month to take effect the following month and accomodated on based on space availability. An email to firstname.lastname@example.org is the preferred method.
- All withdrawals must be in writing. An email is the preferred method.
Register for Summer Express
The following forms must be completed for each child and scanned to the billing office at email@example.com before starting. Please note that our downtown offices are not currently open. We require a minimum of two full business days after receiving complete registration forms before your first day of childcare to ensure proper student safety, staffing ratios and licensing requirements. Registration confirmations will be emailed with your start date no later than June 19 for a start date of June 24th:
- 2020 Registration Packet
- Medication Request Form (if applicable)
- Certificate of Immunization (if not filled out previously for Express)
- DSHS Authorization (if applicable) (Note: All school year authorizations need to be revised with DSHS for the Summer Program