STEP and IMAGES
First School Day of November
- Case managers may begin to submit the Secondary Transition Application for students interested in attending Secondary Transition Program beginning fall of next school year (Click on the Secondary Transition Application link to access the application)
- Who should be involved in this process: Student, Case Managers, Relevant IEP Team members
Last School Day of January
- Last day for Case managers to submit the Secondary Transition Application
- Who should be involved in this process: Case Managers, Parent/Guardian, Student, Relevant IEP Team members
- Secondary Transition Program team reviews applications
- Scheduling of interviews with school sites
- Who should be involved in this process: Secondary Transition Team, Case Managers, Special Education Department Leads
Last Week of February
- Interviews at School Sites for applicants
- Who should be involved in this process: Students, Secondary Transition Team, Case manager (as appropriate)
- Final review of applicants and recommendations are made.
- Communication from Secondary Transition to building teams.
- Case Manager communicates with students and/or families/guardians.
- Who should be involved in this process: Secondary Transition Team, Case Managers
- Case managers hold IEP meeting to amend IEP for secondary transition. This may be in consultation with the student’s future Secondary Transition teacher.
- New Student Orientations at each Secondary Transition site are scheduled.
- Who should be involved in this process: IEP Team, Secondary Transition team member, if needed.
Who is involved
DDA Application (if not already eligible)
Beginning of school year, prior to application
Outreach to High School and Transition students (In and out of district)
Project SEARCH teacher, School Sites
(click here for Project SEARCH Application)
Case Managers, Parent/Guardian, Student, Relevant IEP Team members
Opens first school day of November
Closes last school day of January
Project SEARCH team, students, parents/guardian/trusted adults, school teams
For this school year: December 12, 2023
Tours and Skills Assessments
Project SEARCH team, students, Providence Sacred Heart staff
On Fridays, between Early December through End of March
Project SEARCH team, DVR, DDA, Employment Agency, students