Welcome to Ferris!
Greetings everyone and welcome to Ferris High School and the 2020-21 school year! I hope everyone is well and making their way through these unprecedented times. We will be really learning the meaning of flexibility and patience! I have no doubt in my mind that the students, families, and staff of Ferris will continue to thrive during this time. You are all incredibly special individuals, and this is an opportunity to use and improve your skills of critical thinking, problem solving, persistence, discipline, and creativity to make the most of this time.
- Critical thinking - It is not a stretch to say that many of your brains are constantly in high gear - use it to reflect and find alternative ways around hurdles.
- Problem solving - This is time to really use those reasoning skills. Times of great turmoil bring out the best in problem solving - How will all this change what we know going forward?
- Persistence - You have all been through unsure times - stay the course - keep moving forward and do not give up.
- Discipline - Use the schedule created to get a routine. Now is also a time to work on the technical aspects of your craft - practice…
- Creativity - The most outstanding works of art are created in times like these. Create!!!
These are challenging times, but I know that you are all up for the challenge. You are some of the most amazing people I have ever met - use this time to learn, reflect, create, practice, appreciate those around you and be grateful for all of the blessings we share.
Many questions, updates and information will be coming - stay tuned, stay healthy, and stay positive. We hope to see you in the building soon. Keep that Ferris tradition of excellence alive!
Ken Schutz, Principal