Thank you for your interest in trying out for the Shadle Park High School Varsity Cheer Squad! This year will be a different year for sure, as cheer tryouts will be held virtually. However, we’re making the best of it, and we hope you will too! The Spring 2020 tryouts are open to incoming sophomores, juniors & seniors for the 2020/21 school year.
All interested and qualified candidates for the 2020/21 Varsity Cheerleading Squad should plan to have their tryout video submitted by Friday, June 5th at noon. See below for details.
Each candidate should follow this checklist through their tryout process:
- Sign up for Cheer Tryouts via Family ID no later than Friday, May 25th
- Join the SPHS Cheer Tryout Connection! Team via Microsoft Teams here: Join Conversation
- Read the Varsity Cheerleading Tryout Information & Team Expectations 2020/21 packet. Submit the Signature Page to Coach Bunney (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, May 25th. This starts your tryout process…..
- Coach will invite you to attend the Parent/Student info meeting via Zoom on Thursday, May 21st @7p. We will go over the Tryout info and Team Expectations, and have time for Q&A.
- Coach will then send out a Teacher Recommendation form with your name on it to all SPHS staff.
- Coach will pull your cumulative GPA from the school records.
- Coach will contact you for a personal interview via Zoom/FaceTime/phone call.
- Submit Tryout Video via Microsoft Teams (see instructions below) no later than Friday, June 5th at noon (late submissions will not be accepted)
Physical Tryout Video Submission Details:
Due by Friday, June 5th at noon.
Candidates are required to submit video of themselves performing the tryout material:
- Introduction of self and ‘why you want to be a Shadle Park Cheerleader’
- Fight Song
- EITHER one of these two cheers: Hey There Highlanders or Are You Ready
- 3 jumps (performed 3 times each)
Candidates should dress in a fitted black tee/tank and black shorts. Clothing should have no large or loud logos on them. Hair should be pulled up and out of the face. Videos should be filmed in good light with
understandable audio quality. Your video will not be seen by any other candidates or current cheerleaders. Only the cheer coaching staff will have access to view and score.
If you are unable to record/submit a video, a MS TEAMS call may be set up and the candidate will perform the material live. Sample video will be posted in MS Teams group soon.
Completed videos should be emailed to email@example.com
- Candidates can access the Tryout material via the Microsoft Teams Group - for tryout material go here
- Candidates can receive help learning the required material and creating their ‘tryout video’ via live Teams practices. We will hold live Teams tryout help on the following dates:
➢ May 20th 4p
➢ May 27th @7p
➢ June 3rd @7p
- For more information regarding the selection process, or our Fall 2020 tryouts, please refer to the Tryout Information & Team Expectations packet; or email Coach Sarah Bunney.